As the name suggests, there are candies galore, and you will find an assortment of sweets and chocolates of all shapes, sizes, colors, tastes and fragrances.
SWEET! Advertises itself as the biggest sweet store in the world and it might even be true because the place is so large, you can hardly see from one end of it to the other.
The first sense to be affected as you walk in the door is the feeling of smell – the sweetness of sugar, vanilla, chocolate, mint and other fragrances that waft into your nostrils.
Next, you go into a visual overload of sorts with a plethora of colors and shapes in all sizes!
The shop is divided into fourteen different areas or ‘boutiques’ each boasting different names like Route 66, STICKY and Peace of Candy.
But this place is so much more than a candy store.
There are sodas, hard and soft candies, along with old fashioned sweets to choose from. And the variety doesn’t stop there. The store sells Hollywood memorabilia, clothing items, souvenirs and trinkets all related to sweets somehow.
Customers are encouraged to wander around the shop, and there are clear signs stating whether things can be touched or not.
At the Wonka boutique, customers get a sample of dark, milk or white chocolate as they walk through.
As you might imagine, the boutique is filled with items related to Willy Wonka from Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
As my son and I wandered through the STICKY, Jelly Belly, and M&M boutiques we discovered a wall hang depicting the face of musician Eminem made from M&M chocolates!
Our favorite boutique by far was the ‘Chocolate Lab’ with a Chocolate Labrador for a mascot. There were long lines of customers waiting the day we visited.
The feature we liked best at the Lab was the fact you could create your own chocolate candy bar by choosing the toppings and fillings you want to have in your personalized bar.
Be prepared to wait about 20 minutes until your bar cools fully congeals and is ready to be wrapped.
Autism Travel Tips
- SWEET! can be visited all year round with opening hours from 10am-8pm Sunday through Thursday, and 10 am to 9 pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
- If your child wants to make their customized chocolate bar, make sure to do that, at least, ½ an hour before closing time to avoid disappointment.
- The store is accessible to strollers and wheelchairs and is all on one level making the possibility of slipping, tripping or falling slim.
- children who are sensitive to strong smells, fragrances, and odors; should be warned beforehand that there are pretty strong smells of sugar, coffee, vanilla, chocolate and other fragrances that might be overpowering.Parents should be prepared to let them go outside to get a break from the smells if necessary.
- There is a level of noise from the visiting customers as well as some of the machinery. Let your child know that they can take a break outside if they get too overwhelmed or if they have had enough.
- Be aware of the signs and make sure your child fully complies with their personal safety.